|Academic Experience Rating: ||87|
|Concentrations: ||Entrepreneurship, Healthcare Administration, Finance, Information Systems/Information Technology, International Business, JD/MBA - Dual Degree|
|Centers of Research: ||The state-of-the-art Southwest Security Financial Center in the Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University, is designed to create a boardroom type atmosphere, but have the functionality of a classroom, a videoconferencing suite and a place for students to conduct financial research. Center uses include:
• Designed to bring the markets to students and the students to markets
• Classroom for the Practicum in Portfolio Management course for the student managed Philip M. Dorr & Alumni Endowed Investment Fund, currently valued at approximately $6 million
• Resource for real-time financial market information from around the world
• Resource for equity market analytics
• Hands-on financial market training and accounting and finance labs
• Meetings and small conferences requiring the latest in audio-visual capabilities including video conferencing
• Treasury workstation simulations
• Currency and/or derivative trading simulations|
|Part Time Program: ||No|
|Evening Program: ||No|
|Executive MBA Program Offered: ||Yes|
|Other Advanced Degrees Offered: ||MBA 16 to 21 months; MS in Information Systems is 12 to 16 months; MS-ECO is 12 months; MACC is 12 months; MTAX is 12 months.|
|Joint / Combined Degrees Offered: ||MBA/MSIS is 2 years; MBA/Master of Engineering is 3 years for both degrees; JD/MBA, JD/MTax, and MBA/Master of Social Work are 4 years for both degrees.|
|Study Abroad Options: ||France, China, England, Costa Rica|
|Other Programs: ||1. The Intergrated Management Seminar (IMS) is a unique one-semester seminar that satisfies all business prerequisites. It is offered for students without previous business training.
2. The Focus Firm serves as a special program within Baylor's MBA program. Each semester, one company serves as the MBA's "Focus Firm." Its core issues become the center piece of the MBA curriculum. The focus-firm approach to learning provides you real-time delivery of theoretical applications, technological advances, global awareness, functional intergration, and team-centered learning.
3. Baylor MBA students in the Portfolio Practicum class manage the $6 million Philip M. Dorr & Alumni Endowed Investment Fund in a new state-of-the-art Southwest Securities Financial Markets Center. Through the Center, students access the latest tools and data used by finance practitioners around the world, including:
Bloomberg Professional Service - a global data, news and analytics information resource covering the following market sectors: Government, Equity, Mortgage, Money market, Municipal, Commodities, Indices, Currencies, and Derivatives.
Thomson ONE Analytics - a suite of integrated financial tools, providing access to highly rated equity research, market data, news and analytics. It includes access to quotes, monitors, news, research, notes, tickers and charting packages from highly respected sources.
Morningstar Research Reports - Morningstar provides independent research reports on most large-cap and many mid-cap stocks.
CFA Institute webcasts - the webcasts allow students to keep up with current best practices in the investment industry, and gain access to leading investment practitioners, innovators, and thinkers.
Barra on Campus - provides portfolio risk management software that allows students to analyze and understand the variables contributing to a portfolio's risk and return, generate expected returns based on macroeconomic forecasting, and use screening criteria to build optimal portfolios.|
|Academic Calendar: ||semester|
|Online Course Catalog: ||http://www.baylor.edu/business/grad/index.php?id=43730|