|Most Popular Places on Campus:||1. Mack Student Center Â– is the focal point of campus community life where commuter and resident students meet for meals, socializing, club and organizational events, a large game room, the bookstore and diverse dining venues including kosher, vegan, and a late night pizza and salad station
2. The Fitness Center ‐ Renovated and expanded in 2011, the Fitness Center has an indoor track, six basketball courts, three group exercise studios for Cycling, Zumba, Yoga, and other wellness programs. State‐of‐the‐art cardio and strength training machines, including ADA certified equipment. When not working out, students enjoy computer kiosks, a Wi‐Fi accessible lounge area, healthy snacks, and intramural sports programs.
3. Lawrence Herbert School of Communication: Home of the WRHU Radio Station, the largest noncommercial TV studio on the east coast, and a multi‐media converged newsroom.
4. Â“Hof USAÂ” ‐ The newly renovated Hof USA is a multi-functional entertainment center located in the center of residential and student life on campus. The complex includes a billiards and game area, casual dining, a large performance and dance area, and Dutch Treats--open around the clockÂ—with grab and go sandwiches and salads, grocery, and sundries. Hof USA is a favorite evening and weekend destination on campus.
5. David S. Mack Sports and Exhibition Complex Â– serves as the site for HofstraÂ’s menÂ’s and womenÂ’s Division I basketball team competitions, career and internship fairs, numerous national association exhibitions and shows, and is where Hofstra students and their families begin their college journey during Welcome Week and conclude the journey four years later during the commencement program.|
|Most Popular Places Off Campus:||1. Manhattan-just 25 miles away.
2. Atlantic Ocean Beaches
4. Cultural Attractions- Lincoln Center, Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), Metropolitan Museum of Art, Broadway
5. Arenas and Venues - Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Nassau Coliseum, Madison Square Garden, the Barclays Center and Arthur Ashe Stadium all within an hour.|