Visiting and Contact Info
|Admissions Office Address:||Office of Admission|
8000 Utopia Pkwy.
Queens, NY 11439
|Admissions Office Phone:||7189902000|
|Admissions Office Fax:||7189905827|
|Admissions Office Email:||email@example.com|
|Most Popular Places on Campus:||The D'Angelo Center|
Taffner Field House and Carnesecca Arena
The Great Lawn
The Dr. M. T. Geoffrey Yeh Art Gallery
1) The D’Angelo Center: A hub of campus activity, the five-story, 127,000-square-foot facility is where students relax, grab lunch or coffee, meet with friends, or quietly study. Reflecting the University’s focus on providing a complete academic and student life experience, the center includes club space, classrooms, lecture halls, a full-service food court, a Starbucks Café, and a huge first-floor lounge featuring a fireplace, comfortable sofas, and floor-to-ceiling windows.
2) Taffner Field House and Carnesecca Arena: Home to New York City’s team—the Red Storm, comprising 17 Division I, BIG EAST men’s and women’s athletics squads—these facilities form a popular on-campus sports complex. In Taffner, students play pick-up basketball on six full-size courts; the building also includes weight rooms and other facilities designed for St. John’s athletes. At Carnesecca, students keep in shape in the Fitness Center, run on the indoor track, and play table tennis and air hockey.
3) The Great Lawn is St. John’s University’s front yard, a tree-lined quadrangle at the center of the 96.5-acre Queens, NY, campus. Students sunbathe, play catch, toss Frisbees, and relax with friends.
4) The Strip: A flagstone walkway that serves as the “main street” of the Residence Village, a complex of six-story residence halls on the south side of Queens campus. Lined with benches, the strip extends from the Montgoris Dining Hall, past several residences, to the Red Storm softball field.
5) The Dr. M.T. Geoffrey Yeh Art Gallery builds upon New York’s strength as a global center of the arts. The gallery, located on the Queens, NY, campus, holds several exhibitions a year displaying the work of established and emerging artists of diverse regional, national, and international artists. The space also is a popular site for presenting work by student and faculty artists.
|Most Popular Places Off Campus:||Greenwich Village, Manhattan|
Central Park, Manhattan
Times Square, Manhattan
Cunningham Park, Queens
St. John's provides students with a global experience that begins in New York--one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities. Through class work, service, and other activities, students immerse themselves in the city's cultural, educational, and professional resources. Faculty hold classes at museums, places of worship, and historic neighborhoods throughout the city. Students see plays, visit galleries, and shop throughout the city.
|Campus Visiting Center:||No|
| Appointment Required:||Yes|
| Tour Dates:||Year-round|
| Times:||10:30 A.M.-1:30 P.M.|
|Average Length:||1 hour|
|Contact Email Address to Sign-Up:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|On Campus Interviews:||Yes|
|Start Date for High School Juniors:||Any time|
|Average Length of Interview:||30 min.|
|Times:||Prior to all tours|
|Email Address to Sign-Up:||email@example.com|
|Arrangements:||Contact Admissions Office|
|Advance Notice:||2 weeks|
|Contact Email Address for Faculty Visit:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Email Address for Coach Visit:||email@example.com|
|Arrangements:||Contact Admissions Office|
|Overnight Dorm Stays:||Available|
|Arrangements:||Contact Visiting Center|
|Types of Transportation Available to Campus:|
All three of St. John's University's residential New York City campuses enjoy ready access to major airports, highways and abundant public transportation. Kennedy and LaGuardia International Airports are only 7 to 10 miles from campus. Amtrak and Metro North trains, along with Greyhound buses, serve the five boroughs of New York City. The Queens campus is close to the Grand Central Parkway, the Long Island Expressway, the Southern State Parkway and other major highways. The Staten Island campus is close to the Staten Island Expressway, the New Jersey Turnpike, ferry service from lower Manhattan and major bridges. The Manhattan campus is located near the West Side Highway, the Lincoln Tunnel, the Holland Tunnel, the Brooklyn Bridge and other major arteries. To get to the Queens campus via subway, take the E or F train to Kew Gardens; then take the Q-44A bus to Utopia Parkway and Long Island Expressway. Transfer to the Q-30 or 31 bus to 82nd Ave. and Utopia Parkway. From Long Island, take the Long Island Railroad to Jamaica Station; then take the Q-30 or 31 bus to 82nd Avenue and Utopia Parkway.
|Driving Instructions to Campus:|
For detailed driving instructions to each of St. John's campuses, visit us on the Web at
http://www.stjohns.edu/campuses/queens-campus/directions. For general information about the University, visit www.stjohns.edu.
|Local Accommodations: Near By:|
For detailed information about hotels and other lodgings near each of St. John's campuses, please visit us on the web at http://www.stjohns.edu/campuses/queens-campus/area-hotels. For general information about the University, visit www.stjohns.edu.