Visiting and Contact Info
|Admissions Office Address:||Office of Admission|
8000 Utopia Pkwy.
Queens, NY 11439
|Admissions Office Phone:||7189902000|
|Admissions Office Fax:||7189905827|
|Admissions Office Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Most Popular Places on Campus:||The D'Angelo Center|
Taffner Field House and Carnesecca Arena
The Great Lawn
The Dr. M. T. Geoffrey Yeh Art Gallery
1) The D’Angelo Center: The five-story, 127,000-square-foot facility is a popular place to relax, grab lunch or coffee, meet with friends, or quietly study. Reflecting St. John's focus on giving talented students from all walks of life a personal and professional edge, the center features club space, classrooms, lecture halls, a full-service food court, a Starbucks Café, and a huge first-floor lounge with a fireplace, floor-to-ceiling windows and comfortable sofas.
2) Taffner Field House and Carnesecca Arena: Home to New York City's team—the Red Storm, comprising 17 Division I, BIG EAST men’s and women’s athletics teams—these adjoining facilities form a popular sports complex on the west side of the Queens, NY, campus. At Taffner, students play pick-up basketball on any of its six full-size courts. In Carnesecca, they can work out at the Fitness Center, run on an indoor track, and engage in activities including table tennis and air hockey.
3) The Great Lawn is St. John’s University’s front yard, a sprawling, tree-lined quadrangle at the center of the 96.5-acre Queens, NY, campus. Students there enjoy the sun, play catch, toss Frisbees, and relax with friends.
4) The Strip: This popular spot is a central, flagstone walkway through the center of the Residence Village, a complex of six-story residence halls on the south side of the campus. Lined with benches, the strip extends from the Montgoris Dining Hall, past several residence halls to the Red Storm softball field, one of several courts and fields on campus.
5) The Dr. M.T. Geoffrey Yeh Art Gallery builds upon New York’s strength as a global center of the arts. The gallery, located on the Queens, NY, campus, holds several exhibitions a year displaying the work of established and emerging artists of diverse regional, national, and international artists. The space also is a popular site for presenting work by student and faculty artists.
|Most Popular Places Off Campus:||Greenwich Village, Manhattan|
Central Park, Manhattan
Times Square, Manhattan
Cunningham Park, Queens
St. John's provides students with a global home base that begins in New York--one of the world's most cosmopolitan urban centers. Through class work, service, and other activities, students immerse themselves in the city's cultural, educational, and professional resources. Faculty hold classes at museums, places of worship, and historic neighborhoods throughout the city. Students see plays, visit galleries, and shop throughout the city.
|Campus Visiting Center:||No|
| Appointment Required:||Yes|
| Tour Dates:||Year-round|
| Times:||10:30 A.M.-1:30 P.M.|
|Average Length:||1 hour|
|Contact Email Address to Sign-Up:||email@example.com|
|On Campus Interviews:||Yes|
|Start Date for High School Juniors:||Any time|
|Average Length of Interview:||30 min.|
|Times:||Prior to all tours|
|Email Address to Sign-Up:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Arrangements:||Contact Admissions Office|
|Advance Notice:||2 weeks|
|Contact Email Address for Faculty Visit:||email@example.com|
|Contact Email Address for Coach Visit:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Arrangements:||Contact Admissions Office|
|Overnight Dorm Stays:||Available|
|Arrangements:||Contact Visiting Center|
|Types of Transportation Available to Campus:|
All three of St. John's University's residential New York City campuses enjoy ready access to major airports, highways and abundant public transportation. Kennedy and LaGuardia International Airports are only 7 to 10 miles from campus. Amtrak and Metro North trains, along with Greyhound buses, serve the five boroughs of New York City. The Queens campus is close to the Grand Central Parkway, the Long Island Expressway, the Southern State Parkway and other major highways. The Staten Island campus is close to the Staten Island Expressway, the New Jersey Turnpike, ferry service from lower Manhattan and major bridges. The Manhattan campus is located near the West Side Highway, the Lincoln Tunnel, the Holland Tunnel, the Brooklyn Bridge and other major arteries. To get to the Queens campus via subway, take the E or F train to Kew Gardens; then take the Q-44A bus to Utopia Parkway and Long Island Expressway. Transfer to the Q-30 or 31 bus to 82nd Ave. and Utopia Parkway. From Long Island, take the Long Island Railroad to Jamaica Station; then take the Q-30 or 31 bus to 82nd Avenue and Utopia Parkway.
|Driving Instructions to Campus:|
For detailed driving instructions to each of St. John's campuses, visit us on the Web at
http://www.stjohns.edu/campuses/queens-campus/directions. For general information about the University, visit www.stjohns.edu.
|Local Accommodations: Near By:|
For detailed information about hotels and other lodgings near each of St. John's campuses, please visit us on the web at http://www.stjohns.edu/about/general/directions/directions. For general information about the University, visit www.stjohns.edu.