Most Popular Places On Campus
Norton Health Science Center
Our Lady of the Woods Chapel
Owsley B. Frazier Stadium
The Thomas Merton Center
The $5.1 million Owsley B. Frazier Stadium has taken approximately 18 months to build and will be the new home for Bellarmine’s soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, and track teams. The new facility has several outstanding features which are outlined below:
• Artificial Turf – The artificial turf product, called “24/7,” was produced and installed by the Motz Group. It has permanent markings for soccer, field hockey, and lacrosse and has an exceptional drainage system to allow for extensive play in all weather conditions.
• Lighting – Lighting has been installed at the field to allow for night play. The Musco Lighting system features redirected lighting which bends spill lighting back on to the field, drastically reducing the amount of light which will fall outside the stadium’s perimeter.
• Track Surface – The track is an eight-lane, 400-meter track, featuring three long jump pits, two pole vault areas, a high jump pit, and a steeplechase water jump pit. The surface is a dual-durometer, polyurethane poured surface provided by Beynon Sport Surfaces, the same company which has installed tracks at other top college facilities over the past three years including Illinois, Maryland, and Purdue.
• Capacity – Chairback bench seating is available for 2,000 spectators.
• Scoreboard – A Daktronics scoreboard featuring a 17’ x 3’ scrolling message board is installed on the three-story clock tower at the south end of the stadium.
• Press Box – The fully enclosed press box features seating for 14 people and wireless internet access.
The stadium also has a concession stand, public address system, officials’ locker rooms, storage areas, and public restrooms.
Most Popular Places Off Campus
Churchill Downs/Kentucky Derby Museum
Louisville Bats Baseball/Louisville Slugger Museum
The Kentucky Center for the Arts
Waterfront Park/The Belle of Louisville
Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park
Nearby Bardstown Road offers numerous options for shopping, dining, and entertainment.