Most Popular Places On Campus
The D'Angelo Center
Taffner Field House and Carnesecca Arena
The Great Lawn
The Dr. M. T. Geoffrey Yeh Art Gallery
1) The D’Angelo Center: A hub of campus activity, the five-story, 127,000-square-foot facility is where students relax, grab lunch or coffee, meet with friends, or quietly study. Reflecting the University’s focus on ensuring student success by providing a complete academic and campus life experience, the center includes club space, classrooms, lecture halls, a full-service food court, a Starbucks Café, and a huge first-floor lounge featuring a fireplace, comfortable sofas, and floor-to-ceiling windows.
2) Taffner Field House and Carnesecca Arena: Home to New York City’s team—the Red Storm, comprising 17 Division I, BIG EAST men’s and women’s athletics squads—these facilities form a popular on-campus sports complex. In Taffner, students play pick-up basketball on six full-size courts; the building also includes weight rooms and other facilities designed for St. John’s athletes. At Carnesecca, students keep in shape in the Fitness Center, run on the indoor track, and play table tennis and air hockey.
3) The Great Lawn is St. John’s University’s "front yard", a tree-lined quadrangle at the center of the 96.5-acre Queens, NY, campus. Students sunbathe, play catch, toss Frisbees, and relax with friends.
4) The Strip: A flagstone walkway that serves as the “main street” of the Residence Village, a complex of six-story residence halls on the south side of the Queens campus. Lined with benches, the strip extends from the Montgoris Dining Hall, past several residences, to the Red Storm softball field.
5) The Dr. M.T. Geoffrey Yeh Art Gallery builds upon New York’s strength as a global center of the arts. The gallery, located on the Queens, NY, campus, holds several exhibitions a year displaying the work of established and emerging artists of diverse regional, national, and international artists. The space also is a popular site for exhibiting work by student and faculty artists.
Most Popular Places Off Campus
Greenwich Village, Manhattan
Central Park, Manhattan
Times Square, Manhattan
Cunningham Park, Queens
St. John's provides students with a global experience that begins in New York--one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities. Through class work, service, and other activities, students immerse themselves in the city's cultural, educational, and professional resources. Professors hold classes at museums, places of worship, and historic neighborhoods throughout the city. Students see plays, visit galleries, and shop throughout the city.